Thursday, March 24, 2011

What It Is

I have not had a passport
since age 16.
I have never traveled without family
or friends on the other end
to pick me up
and whisk me away.

Italy,
here I come.

~

So here's the premise: Having grown up in Rhode Island and schooled in New Hampshire, I drove to Bellingham, Washington to live with a few friends. One year later, I picked up and moved - alone - to Portland, Oregon where I am almost finished with my Master's degree. Now I'm picking up and running off again - but this time I don't know where to. This summer will be spent WWOOFing somewhere in Italy, followed by a desperate search for last-minute employment pretty much anywhere on this continent with snow.

For now, there seems to be a hilarious element to my complete ignorance when it comes to planning world travel. Writing is something close to my heart, but mine's crap unless it's no longer than microfiction. Poetry is my stronger suit. Enter the plog: poetry (or poetry-sized entries) on the trials and triumphs of all-too-innocent wanderlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment